DHInfrastructure (www.dhinfrastructure.com), a boutique economic and international development consulting firm in Northampton, Massachusetts, is looking to hire an analyst to work on projects related to infrastructure regulation and private sector participation in infrastructure. This is an entry-level position for recent Bachelor’s or Master’s degree recipients.
Analysts will work closely with mid- and senior-level staff on projects for the World Bank, Asian Development Bank or other bilateral and multilateral donors and lenders. Responsibilities will include contributing to project reports and presentations, and supporting us in proposal writing and business development. Day-to-day responsibilities will include Internet research, writing to summarize your research and data analysis using Microsoft Excel and MS Access. Responsibilities will (as it does for all of us) also include administrative tasks, for example: Formatting documents in Microsoft Word, helping with client correspondence, or helping to improve our internal business procedures. Because we are a small firm, we offer the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of the consulting business in the developing world.
Successful applicants will:
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above
- Have exceptional writing and oral communication skills
- Be able to think logically, and explain their thinking clearly
- Be self-starters, and be highly motivated to learn and rigorously apply new analytical frameworks
- Have an interest in the challenges of economic development
- The concentration of your studies is less important than an ability to think logically, express yourself clearly, and work hard. Previous coursework in microeconomics, corporate finance, or project finance is desirable, but not essential. Experience in Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, a recent 5-10 expository page writing sample, academic transcript (unofficial issued to student is ok) and contact details for two references (academic or professional). The writing sample should demonstrate the applicant’s ability to write and reason clearly, not necessarily their knowledge of topics similar to those they think they might work on as an analyst. Applications without these materials will not be considered.
Please send your material to email@example.com.